Sunday, January 8, 2017

Whatsoever Things are Lovely

Snow .. snow ... snow .. this winter has seen record snow in our area.  That's ok by me.. I like to stay home and do homey things.  The Danish and the Nordic people call enjoying comfy home things as 'hygge'. (Read more about Hygge here) I love this!!   Curt and I just celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary and went out and bought new coloring books to enjoy together.  Our first married months, we bought a Bugs Bunny coloring book and a brand new set of crayons and colored to our hearts content. These adult coloring books are quite the trend nowadays...I'd like to think that Curt and I were ahead of the times...or maybe we helped to set the trend. (Hehehe) This makes me smile. Coloring books are very hygge. What's your word for 2017?  I saw a recent instagram post with this question which caused me to consider my own answer.  2016 was a difficult year in so many ways.  And I continually found myself struggling to keep my own attitude in check.  So, this year I see the great importance of obeying Philippians 4:6-8. 
 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
   And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
   Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things 
I've chosen the word LOVELY .. but at the same time, true, honest, just, pure and of good report are always running in the background.   What's your word for 2017? Share your story in the comments, I'd love to hear from you! ~Cristina  

No comments:

Post a Comment