Thursday, April 14, 2016

would you like to come along?

"Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, LET GOD BE MAGNIFIED."  ~Psalm 70:4  

Oh! I just love this time of year!!  It's mid-way through spring, and the earth is just starting to look alive again.  Well, the earth around here. We live in the high desert and I will take all the greenery I can get!  This region relies on irrigation supplied from the water from the mountains.  In the late summer through mid-spring, the water is turned "off"for outside things.  When the water is let out from the reservoir, the rivers run full, and the canals call to the ducks, geese, and critters, then things begin to really grow and the valley comes alive!

With all this lively activity, my heart also yearns for the pure water of the written word of God. As it is written,  "To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah. As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. " ~Psalm 42:1

So, I was talking to the LORD this morning, (I have recently finished reading through the Bible. I had a little Bible reading schedule, and I've come to the close of that.)  So, I asked him 'What can I study with you, LORD? Where in Scripture can we meet and you show me more of YOU?' And the LORD said, 'Psalms'.  Hmm...ok.. 'But, LORD, I would like something meatier than just reading through Psalms.'  Then I understood.  It wasn't just a reading through; but rather a journey through -- A Year in Psalms.

Like many who are looking for an adventure, trekking, soul searching, or just something out of the dreariness of winter, we are going to GO to Psalms .. as if it were a location .. a destination.  We will see the sights, taste the goodness, meet the people, and learn of the LORD!

I am so excited!!!!!  You are welcome and invited to join me.  This adventure will be worth its weight in gold .. actually, it will be more precious than gold as our faith WILL grow, and our relationship with God Almighty will be richer, sweeter, and stronger than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment