Friday, September 9, 2016

to everything there is a season

  ... and a time to every purpose under the heaven: Ecclesiastes 3:1

Hello, September!  Everyone is a buzz with the crisp air, blue skies, and pumpkin spice EVERYTHING!  A new season approaches as the northern hemisphere welcomes autumn...summer is nearly at it's close and ready to put away the flipflops and start wearing our boots.

Summer, for our family, was a flurry of adventures.  It's been a while since we've enjoyed the summer as much as we did this year.  We thank the LORD continually for his kindnesses!  Curt and I were able to enjoy some roadtrips.  All together we drove over 4,ooo miles in the month of August alone!  We visited family in Texas and in Washington state.  The LORD provided the means and opened the doors for us to be able to do so.


 the little cabin we got to stay in during our visit to the Seattle area


I finished and mailed the quilt I was working on for my little sister and her family.  (She loved it!)



If you love to read, you should check out the book section at your local thrift stores.  We visited lots of thrift stores along the way and found some delightful books!  I've really enjoyed sitting down and reading book-books. (paper not kindle )  These books have encouraged me to be a better wife, mama, granny, and keeper of our home...and that's a good thing!

Here are some of the titles we found: (also available on Amazon)
  • IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF SHEEP by Debbie Zawinski
  •   (this book I'm excited about because she has patterns for knitting the socks she's made along her journey .. way cool!)
As I have enjoyed this summer of rest and restoring my soul, the LORD has reminded me that it's now time to get back to posting encouragements here .. on this blog.  I asked the LORD many times these few months, should I even write online?  Does anyone read this?  But the answer is for me to write and if you stop by and pause to read, then that's between you and the LORD.  I am just to share what the LORD puts on my heart.  

And with that, I ask you, dear reader, how was your summer? Have you given the Lord God place in your days? Are you ready for the LORD to lead you, correct you, strengthen you, and be your hope?

God the Father is sending Jesus at any moment to catch away his Bride -- are your ready?  You should be! There is no time to waste!! and read your Bible :)

Make sure your heart is pure before the LORD.

As Jesus said in Luke 21:36  Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. 




No comments:

Post a Comment